Down to Earth is not your typical landscaping company. We are fun, competitive, and passionate about our projects and our clients. Your fit in that culture is as important to us as the skills that you bring.
About The Position:
In the position of Landscaper, you are responsible for being an integral part of a team that builds gorgeous landscapes and have a lot of fun doing so! No 2 days be the same, you’ll be challenged by every aspect of this position.
About Your Qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience installing hardscapes
- You are a quick thinker, able to balance conflicting priorities without getting stressed
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are organized – your vehicle and your office are clean and functional
- 3-5 yrs of landscape construction experience
- Knowledge of drainage systems, grading and site measurements
- Knowledge and experience in installing hardscapes
- Can use a smartphone or data enabled device for communication and reporting
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs repeatedly
- Carry a valid be pesticide applicators license (preferred but not required)
- Work outdoors in various (and sometimes difficult) conditions
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
About Your Responsibilities:
- Use your knowledge in horticulture and landscape construction to execute job plans
- Operate various tools and equipment, including heavy equipment, chainsaws, jackhammers, laser level, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills etc.
- Perform maintenance on tools and equipment
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailer, equipment, job sites and shop/yard areas
- Follow company safety protocol
What’s In It For You:
- Wage range $18 – $22 per hour, dependent on experience
- 10% plant discount for you and your family
- Cool uniforms; we want our staff to look super swank!
- Medical and dental benefits package
- On-going horticulture and safety training
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- This is a full-time year-round position Mon-Fri
Ready to get your hands dirty?
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the cover letter, please tell us what part of this posting most speaks to you. Don’t forget to tell us what’s quirky about you!